Dixon, MO Weather Service
Welcome to Dixon Weather Service PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Thursday, 24 March 2011 11:04

WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE!

The Dixon Weather Service is a NOT for profit, public service agency that serves the local portions of Central Missouri. We are CERTIFIED by the National Weather Service (NWS) & University Corporation For Atmospheric Research (UCAR) for SKYWARN and severe weather operations which means our staff are trained yearly by the National Weather Service as well as continuing training through UCAR.

Please visit the "Our Training & Certifications" section for more information.

Our pledge is to become the most reliable source of weather information for the city of Dixon, Including the local portions of central Missouri along with tracking, confirming and documenting weather related events.



We invite our visitors to visit our site often as WATCHES AND WARNINGS issued by NWS for central Missouri are updated in real time on this site and our Dixon surface data is updated every two minutes.


 

 
Current Dixon Conditions PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Saturday, 20 August 2011 22:14

Dixon, MO Weather Data from Dixon Weather Service Inc. - National Weather Service CWOP ID: DW2956

All weather data is automatically Measured, Observed And Recorded at 307 West Second Street Dixon, MO USA - Lat/Lon: 37.59.30°N/92.05.52°W - Elevation: 1160 FT

All Weather Data from Dixon Weather Service is measured with Columbia Weather Systems ASOS sensors including visibility sensor, and also advisory wind speed, wind direction, ambient temperature, soil temperature, dew point, leaf wetness, soil moisture, solar radiation, relative humidity, heated Precipitation gauge and lightning detection.

This data should be considered as "advisory" and should NOT be used for official aviation weather data.

 

For enhanced METAR/Climatological data and/or official aviation weather information please contact our office or click the requested METAR/Climatological/Aviation links in the 'Dixon Climatological Data' or 'regional information' sub menu.

 
Live Lightning Data & Civil Emergency Notifications PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 6
PoorBest 
Written by Administrator   
Monday, 08 December 2014 23:31

Live Local Lightning & Radar Data Provided By Thor Guard L75 Lightning Detection & Prediction Hardware. Emergency notifications for severe weather provided by ThorPCX software.

Note: To View Radar Image Please Click The Map Tab.

Notification Levels: Note: In the notification area the status indicates the lightning risk as well as any other hazard risk's such as weather warnings.

ALL CLEAR: No Threat of lightning or other hazardous weather situations at this time

CAUTION: No immediate threat but situation should be monitored if storms are developing or are in the area.  A “Caution”  level is normal with most rain showers.

WARNING: Thunderstorms and/or high wind are in the area.  The area should be closely monitored.

RED ALERT\EMERGENCY: Thunderstorms and/or severe weather is in the area. RED ALERT means the potential for cloud to ground lightning is very high, all outdoor activities should stop. Seek safe indoor shelter immediately!  If EMERGENCY is displayed this means the area is under a Tornado or Severe Thunderstorm Warning. Seek safe shelter immediately!

Located below the Lightning Alert and Emergency Alert indication area is the Lightning data Area that contains the following information:

LHL: Lightning Hazard Level. A number from 1 to 9. 1 means a 10% chance of cloud to ground lightning and 9 which means 90% chance of cloud to ground lightning within the current Sensor Range (12 - 15 miles from Dixon) An LHL greater than 4 indicates lightning is occurring or has the potential of occurring in the Dixon area.

DI: Dynamic Index. Number from 1.0 to 9.9. “1” means 10% chance and 9.9 means 99% chance of Cloud to ground lightning within close proximity of our sensor location in downtown Dixon. (12-15 Miles) A DI > 5 means there is lightning in the Dixon area!

AD: Alarm Level. Any time you get a Red Alert, the AD will start at 10 which means you have at least 10 minutes until you could get an All Clear signal. The AD will reset itself to 10 until all static charge is out of the area and safe outdoor activity can resume. The AD will count down when no “new” surges in energy have been detected.

FCC: Field Collapse Count. Basically, the FCC number gives you an idea of how many lightning strikes have occurred within the current sensor range of 12 to 15 miles from Dixon. It is helpful to watch the FCC count as the system goes from All clear to Caution to higher lightning risk levels as storms approach or develop.

PLEASE NOTE: If EMERGENCY status is displayed, This indicates a TORNADO WARNING is currently in effect for the city of Dixon, MO. Take cover immediately if EMERGENCY status is displayed as this means A Tornado Warning has been issued for Northern Pulaski county including the city of Dixon.

Last Updated on Sunday, 12 April 2015 02:33
 
Live Netcam SC Image from Dixon PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Saturday, 20 August 2011 22:27

 

 

 

Note: For a live stream view of downtown Dixon, Please Click Here!

 

Last Updated on Monday, 08 December 2014 23:48
 
Graphical Missouri Data PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Sunday, 04 January 2015 01:00

 

Current NWS Watches, Warnings and Advisories for Missouri

Last Updated on Sunday, 04 January 2015 01:12
 
Current Local NWS Radar PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 3
PoorBest 
Written by Administrator   
Saturday, 20 August 2011 22:29

 

Last Updated on Monday, 06 April 2015 03:29
 
Featured Local Websites PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 1
PoorBest 
Written by Administrator   
Friday, 31 May 2013 12:07

The Dixon, MO Weather Service each week selects a local business website to feature. These website features will range from local business providers to local bands. Please visit and support these local websites and local business.

Local Business:   Rollins Construction Services LLC

 

 

Click Here! To view the Rollins Construction Services Website

Featured Site Updated On: 4/22/2015

Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 April 2015 19:49
 
Thor Guard PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Sunday, 12 April 2015 04:02

THOR GUARD lightning prediction systems are designed to predict lightning in the local area BEFORE lightning strikes, allowing decisions regarding dangerous situations to be proactive, not reactive. The goal is to increase productivity and maximize safety by providing Dixon area residents with critical, timely lightning warning information in an easy-to-use format.


For More Info On Thor Guard Technology Please Click Here!


The Dixon Weather Service Thor Guard L75GENS live lightning & NWS Radar data is available on all mobile devices at the link below. To view Dixon, MO Thor Guard lightning data and NWS Radar on your mobile device please go to the link below. For direct access or for anyone who wants to bookmark the site the address is: www.dixonweather.thormobile7.net

Don't be caught unprepared for dangerous and possibly deadly cloud to ground lightning like in the animation below! Or as pictured in the photo below from a screen capture of our NetcamSC.

 

Our Thor Guard data could possibly save your life if you live in the city of Dixon, MO or within 12 miles of Dixon. Persons playing golf at Oak Hills Country Club in Dixon, MO should closely monitor our lightning data when thunderstorms are in the area. Numerous individuals are killed by lightning strikes each year while playing golf in the USA and around the world!

Our L75GENS constantly monitors the local Electromagnetic and Static charge field within 25 miles of Dixon. However, Our system is currently set to alarm for dangerous lightning conditions within a range of 0 (Station Location) - 12 miles out from Dixon. (Sensor Location)

For Live Streaming L75GENS Lightning Data Click Here!

the direct address for Thor Mobile is: www.dixonweather.thormobile7.net

Last Updated on Friday, 24 April 2015 03:18
 

Dixon Weather Service Visitor's Counter

mod_vvisit_counterToday:432
mod_vvisit_counterThis Week:2220
mod_vvisit_counterLast Week:4192
mod_vvisit_counterThis Month:12186
mod_vvisit_counterTotal Hits:1453012

We have: 2 guests online
Your IP:: 54.211.79.99
 , 
Today Is: Apr 24, 2015

Active NWS Product's

NOAA Weather Radio WNG-648

To listen to a live stream of NOAA WNG-648


Click Here!


Please note: Once your media player gains access to the live audio stream, It takes 4 to 9 seconds for the broadcast to start.

We recommend using Windows Media Player to listen to the live stream.

Live stream provided by: Broadwave Audio Streaming Server

Visit NCH Software, Click Here!

Daily Pollen Forecast

Search

Regional ForeCast Search

Find weather for any

city worldwide or U.S. Zip

powered by Qwikcast.com

You can find the forecast for any region in the USA or worldwide using this service. Simply enter the zip or postal code and hit enter.

Storm Video's Gallery



To View Our Storm Damage Survey's, Video's & Photo's Please Visit Dixon Weather Service On Google+:

Dixon Weather Service Inc. Google+



Follow our staff On Facebook:


The Dixon, MO Weather Service is a certified member of: National Weather Service WRN Program.

For more information on being "Weather Ready" Please visit the "Severe Weather Safety" area of our website.


This Website is Copyright © 2015 Dixon, MO Weather Service Inc, Site Powered by , Dixon, MO Storm Team

The Dixon Weather Service is a NOT for profit, Public service organization serving the city of Dixon, MO and surrounding areas.

To help us raise awareness of severe weather, Please consider making a donation.